Caribou High School Highlights
We envision Caribou graduates as individuals who take pride in their work, adapt positively to change, and demonstrate sound judgment. They take an interest in civic affairs, respect the interdependence of humankind, and acknowledge the importance of a healthy global environment.
Caribou graduates demonstrate a proficiency in a common core of knowledge. As comprehensive thinkers, they approach learning eagerly and solve problems using a variety of acquired skills. They are able to communicate effectively as writers, speakers and listeners.
Our graduates also seek a balance in their personal, professional and intellectual lives. Above all, they are lifelong learners who can apply essential knowledge in an ever-changing world.
School Population: 416 - Grades 9 - 12
Outstanding Programs and Highlights:
* “Transitions Center” providing tutoring for students of all ability levels
* AP classes in Calculus, English Literature, English Composition, French, History, Physics and Psychology
* An average of 90% of seniors go on to Post Secondary Education
* Students highly successful in Post Secondary Education as reported by University of Maine at Orono
* Attached Vocational Technical Center
* Low dropout rate
* Above average attendance
* At or above state average on SATs and State Assessments
* Over 40 clubs, activities, or teams
* Exceptional Band and Chorus programs
* 48 Sportsmanship Banners
* 38 Eastern Maine and 16 State championship sports teams
* 55 Individual State Champions in sports